Job applicants and employees who reside in California may have rights regarding their “Personal Information” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended and updated). This Notice describes how Comoto Holdings, Inc. and its affiliated and subsidiary companies (collectively, “we” or “Company”) collects and uses your Personal Information as part of our business operations, including when you apply for a job, accept an offer of employment, or are engaged as an independent contractor of Company.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Below are the types of Personal Information we may collect from you, and examples of each:
- Identifying information, such as full name, gender, date of birth, and signature.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as postal address, telephone numbers, email, and emergency contact information.
- Dependents’ information, such as name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN).
- National identifiers, such as SSN, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, and references.
- Employment details, such as job title, position, hire dates, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Financial information, such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Health and Safety information, such as health conditions relevant to your employment, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
- Information relating to use of Company IT systems, such as search and browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on the Company's information systems and networks.
- Biometric information, such as facial recognition, fingerprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, or other physical patterns.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Company’s business purposes for collecting and using your Personal Information include human resources, employment, benefits administration, health and safety, and compliance. Many of these business purposes require that we disclose your Personal Information among our affiliates or to third parties such as service providers. We do not, however, “sell” or “share” your Personal Information within the meaning of the CCPA.
For example, the Company collects and uses your Personal Information as appropriate to:
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks.
- Manage your employment relationship with us, including for:
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense reports;
- employee benefits;
- employee training and development;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers' compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes.
- Manage and monitor employee access to company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential violations of Company policies and procedures.
- Engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records, such as for evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions of the Company.
- Maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers' compensation and other liability insurance.
- Perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain the Company's operations, including for safety purposes.
- Exercise or defend the legal duties or rights of the Company and others, including its employees, affiliates, customers, contractors, service providers, and agents.
If you have any questions about this Notice or need to access this Notice in an alternative format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-318-4823.
Last Updated: December 2022